This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: System tray menu tuning & Xwin0.log in mintty console with startx
- From: pigreco erre <grosrouvre at hotmail dot it>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 20:36:22 +0000
- Subject: Re: System tray menu tuning & Xwin0.log in mintty console with startx
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=softfail (sender IP is 10.152.4.51) smtp.mailfrom=hotmail.it; cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=hotmail.it;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Hello Marco and thank you for your precious answer.
I think that I understand why the Xserver log splash on the screen in mintty.
I found an explanation for this around web within a post.
It says that Mintty use pty's so "if you run say Cygwin's bash from a cmd window and then start cmd it will
not get the echoing. If, however, you start cmd from a bash shell that
is in a mintty window then you're using pty's and you'll get echoing."
Is this correct in your opinion?
With reference to your "open more than Mintty window" (Minttty within another Mintty), I saw that the echoin starts on windows that contains startx script execution.
Taking into account your suggested solution I think that you mean
to create 2 .bat Win files into the usb eigher containing:
1) E:\cygwin\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c "cd; exec /usr/bin/startxwin"
2) E:\cygwin\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c "cd; exec /usr/bin/startx"
I tried them and they are Ok!The only command that I don't understand is "cd;". Why do you use it?
With reference to portable version I try to go into the site but it is very difficult to find an email in wich I can suggest some items to the author.
I hope to reach and send my comments to tune the .paf file.
I thank you again very very much for your big assistance
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple