Re: Cygwin got V E R Y slow after network switchover

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 2:26 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:

> You could probably speed it up by running cygserver, which will provide
> credentials caching for all Cygwin processes running in the system.

Thanks for suggesting this.  I ran the setup script and verified the
cygserver service was running.  It helped in the DOS box where only
uname is run.  But a Cygwin Terminal is still taking an abnormally
long time to get to the command prompt.  In fact, I think it's taking
even longer than before.  Even moving .bashrc out of the way, it still
takes several seconds for the Cygwin prompt.  I have no ~/.login.  My
~/.profile does nothing other than source ~/.bashrc if it exists.

> On another note, this is most unsettling to hear.
> Do you run latest Cygwin? Are you connected directly to the network, or
> remotely?

I'm running:

  CYGWIN_NT-6.1 LTDENA-REISERT 2.6.0(0.300/5/3) 2016-07-29 12:14 x86_64 Cygwin

I am plugged into the network.

>> db_home:  /cygdrive/c/Users/jr920141/Box%_Sync/Home
> That's one very wrong db_home…

I disagree.  That same path has been working fine for the past month.
It's equivalent to this, with the blank space escaped:

>> db_home:  /cygdrive/c/Users/jr920141/Box Sync/Home

Jim Reisert AD1C, <>,