This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: PATHEXT is fundamental to Windows and Should be recognised by CYGWIN
- From: "Michel LaBarre" <michel dot labarre at rogers dot com>
- To: "'cyg Simple'" <cygsimple at gmail dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 11:20:44 -0400
- Subject: RE: PATHEXT is fundamental to Windows and Should be recognised by CYGWIN
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <1C0AE95E-0118-4353-AA77-4D41F1AE9AE1@solidrocksystems.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Thanks for the advice regarding line length.
I will try to remember to rein in my margins when emailing to cygwin.
Thanks for your recognition of PATHEXT's potential value;
reassuring to know I am not alone in my delusions.
Regarding providing code, I am somewhat stale (though I spent my first 20 work years
immersed in system code, assembly/C/Algol/Pascal/C++, building firmware for bit-sliced processors, etc.)
The patch to which I referred is one I found while researching the topic;
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-09/msg00127.html is one reference to it.
It is old and likely out of date.
Michel (as opposed to Michael... )
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple