This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Ubuntu on Windows against Cygwin X server
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 11:59:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: Ubuntu on Windows against Cygwin X server
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 8/10/2016 10:46 AM, Franz Fehringer wrote:
Dear Cygwin community,
Is it possible to launch Ubuntu on Windows X11 clients agianst the
Cygwin X11 server?
A first shot was not a success:
franz@FEHRINGER:~$ sudo xdpyinfo -display :0
xdpyinfo: unable to open display ":0".
but on the other hand there are already success stories for U on W
I issued xhost + on the Cygwin side and my account is an Administrator one.
Any hints about this?
Others will know better, but :0 may be trying Unix domain sockets, and
I would not be surprised if UoW and Cygwin do those differently. Maybe
you should try a TCP/IP connection to the server, e.g., 127.0.0.1:0 or
Regards - Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple