This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Licensing for bundling setup-x86[_64].exe installer?
- From: m dot gainer at comcast dot net
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 17:26:40 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Licensing for bundling setup-x86[_64].exe installer?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm working on a Google-sponsored open-source project. I'd like to bundle setup-x86.exe with the project to improve usablility on our installer. The installer fetches Cygwin to enable our bash scripts to install our other dependencies and then launch App Engine runtime/installer tools.
The question is: What's the license for setup-x86.exe and setup-x86_64.exe itself?
I see the FAQ and the licensing page, and AFAICT those are discussing the items installed by Cygwin and the Cygwin runtime, rather than _just_ the installer. Running 'strings' on the installer executable doesn't yield anything relevant.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple