Re: Cygwin Xwin Windows 10 Trend Micro

Thanks, Paul.  I have been dealing with something somewhat similar, in
which one of Trend Micro's enterprise products is preventing Emacs
from linking to its DLLs.  Still working with the IT group to see
exactly what we need to open up to get past that.  Fingers crossed
that updates will address it.....

Brian

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Paul McKinley
<paul_mckinley_2013@ariesinternet.com> wrote:
> Trend Micro support called me back about this issue.  I spent some time with
> them on the phone, with the support engineer trying a few things.  We ended
> up with a reinstall of the
> https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/maximum-s
> ecurity/1112161.aspx hotfix, after which Cygwin-X runs fine, WITHOUT having
> the pause user mode checking turned on.  The support engineer mentioned
> something about an update coming out *after* my previous post.   Apparently
> I needed both the update and the hotfix to make things work.
>
> Hope this helps someone...
> Paul McKinley
>

> --

Brian Kuhn