This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows 10/Cygwin setup.exe error - IO Error Opening File:
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Jenny Pawlak <excelsior1024 at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 13:40:44 +0300
- Subject: Re: Windows 10/Cygwin setup.exe error - IO Error Opening File:
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp1o.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <CANzm04Wpcp4F8oSHeh7gs9arpx+WDBT_Dax_x0royoQFWbr_bg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Jenny Pawlak!
> 5. Cygwin setup works for maybe a minute and then gives the first of
> many, many pop-up messages "IO Error Opening
> file....._autorebase/binutils/cygwin/grep/mintty etc. Do you want to
> skip this package?"
Your AV blocks Cygwin rebasing.
Either tell it to behave or remove it.
> When I browse to indicated directory I find a *.tmp file in that
> location (e.g. base-files-4.2-4.tar.xz.tmp 44KB) and that the full
> file was never fully downloaded.
> I can abort setup.exe with the TaskManager and then re-run it again
> and sometimes get a little bit further before getting the "IO Error
> Opening file" message but, so far, I am unable to install an operable
> I'd appreciate any help.
> Thanks for taking the time to read this.
> PS: I have recently installed several unrelated programs from the
> Internet without incident (e.g. git bash, notepad++).
Your AV is not suitable for a developer. That simple.
It blocks write access to executable files without your consent.
With best regards,
Sunday, August 14, 2016 13:38:51
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple