This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin's installation and security models?
- From: <lloyd dot wood at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 01:49:59 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Cygwin's installation and security models?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1740128398.25713364.1471398599819.JavaMail.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: <lloyd dot wood at yahoo dot co dot uk>
I'd like to understand Cygwin's installation and
security models better:
- Cygwin's installers aren't signed.
- downloads are from a number of untrusted mirrors
via http/ftp, and packages aren't verified.
Is this correct?
Lloyd Wood firstname.lastname@example.org http://savi.sf.net/
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple