This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Reset Cygwin directory tree permissions
- From: David Lee <mailtolky at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 10:29:31 +0800
- Subject: Reset Cygwin directory tree permissions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I came across some discussions on fixing a botched *Linux* file
system. Specifically someone did a massive 'chmod -R 755' / and asked
how to restore the file system permissions.
In a similar vein, I would like to ask:
Suppose I did a 'clean sweep' of a *Cygwin* directory permissions via
'chmod -R 755 /', or even by using Windows specific (non-Cygwin) tools
like icacls.exe, or by using the Windows Explorer. Is there a way to
restore the proper permissions to the Cygwin tree other than a
Thanks for your help.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple