Re: Wrong file permissions

On 8/23/2016 9:41 AM, Erik Soderquist wrote:
On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 3:59 AM, Björn Kautler  wrote:

Your domain user SID will remain the same, however, all of the local
machine's domain SIDs will be different as it is a different host on
the domain, so I would expect permissions problems for any/all machine
specific installations when doing a raw perms copy.

I would imagine all of the *files* are present in the cygwin root, but
I've never checked, and a simple file copy, even if the adjustments
are made to result in the correct permissions, will not get things
like registry entries.  (I don't know how many there are, but do know
I've seen some).

Thank you, Erik -- you answered better than I could have!  I don't
use a domain login, so the fact that my local SID is different has
been very plain to me!

Regards -- EM