Re: Wrong file permissions

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Eliot Moss  wrote:
> Thank you, Erik -- you answered better than I could have!  I don't
> use a domain login, so the fact that my local SID is different has
> been very plain to me!

Multiple years as a network admin managing Windows/Linux/UNIX hybrid
environments both with and without Windows AD involved has lead me to
many many interesting twists in how the SIDs are handled... I
particularly ran into the machine specific SIDs when ghosting client
machines for faster reload and deployment... You can imagine the fun I
had sorting out why adding a freshly ghosted machine to the domain
caused things to break on another machine...

-- Erik