The Cygwin User Guide on path names

The section on path names in the user guide (https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames) strikes me as misleading when it says in the first sentence, "Cygwin supports both POSIX- and Win32-style paths." I think it would be better to say "The Cygwin DLL" and to emphasize that Cygwin applications do *not* necessarily support Win32 paths. See

  https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-08/msg00409.html

for a recent example where this has come up. It's also come up in connection with git and emacs and probably many other applications.

The documentation also says, "The usage of Win32 paths, though possible, is deprecated...." I wonder if this should be strengthened to say something like, "The usage of Win32 paths, though possible, is strongly deprecated and may be removed in a future release of Cygwin."

I'll be glad to prepare a documentation patch.

Ken