This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bash-4.3.46-6
- From: Nem W Schlecht <nem at emptec dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: eblake at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 10:02:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bash-4.3.46-6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce.57A5E267.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CA+2x6-JM74wqr3=0iYjZpi3w0Tx2V9XABc1hfJZiR3VNLPAbBg@mail.gmail.com>
Having heard no news on this, I'm unsure if this functionality is just
going to be this way now or if the author went on an extended vacation
or what. It *is* still listed in the release notes:
7b. completion_strip_exe - using 'shopt -s completion_strip_exe'
makes completion strip .exe suffixes
Odd that nobody else has commented/complained about (I find it pretty
annoying to have the '.exe' expanded out).
On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 11:14 PM, Nem W Schlecht <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I can confirm - I get this same error. I'm guessing the patch for
> this (which is cygwin specific) was accidentally skipped for this
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 4:25 PM, David Rothenberger <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 8/6/2016 6:13 AM, Eric Blake (cygwin) wrote:
>>> 7b. completion_strip_exe - using 'shopt -s completion_strip_exe'
>>> makes completion strip .exe suffixes
>> I get an error that completion_strip_exe is not a supported option with this
>> release. It was working fine in 4.3.42-4.
>> David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Backed up the system lately?
>> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
>> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
>> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Nem W Schlecht
> "Perl did the magic. I just waved the wand."
Nem W Schlecht
"Perl did the magic. I just waved the wand."
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple