Re: I sent in a bug report and never heard anything back

On 2016-08-26 11:55, Hans-Bernhard Bröker wrote:
Am 26.08.2016 um 16:30 schrieb jeff@jeffunit.com:

The issue is the internal compiler error coming from gcc on my dell
with a specific intel processor.

I don't remember you telling one the specifics of that specific
processor, yet.

Apparently it's a mobile Broadwell without AVX or AVX2,
which might be assumed present in gcc as compiled,
requiring a custom gcc build to run on that cpu.

it means the compiler has a bug (which I suspect is related to the
specific cpu).

Not necessarily.  Traditionally the typical reason for GCC internal
compiler errors, particularly if they occur with old source on very
new machines, has been faulty hardware.

Most common reason appears to be lack of available memory,
requiring 2GB to run comfortably. Allocating a few GB of
paging space (recommend 2x ram) to Windows can allow heavy
crunchers with large data requirements to run more comfortably.