This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Script broken after updating bash to 4.3.46-7?
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 12:41:06 +0000
- Subject: RE: Script broken after updating bash to 4.3.46-7?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPTiy3N_qv5sMAZ8pKcuV6tE8pOZ0dkSLyFe7sJ_W_y03uJGEg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Gene Pavlovsky
> That's what I personally think, none of the scripts I use have CRs,
> and this is why I'd prefer not using the `igncr` option.
> However the recent change to how `read` works makes it necessary to
> modify existing scripts which interoperate with Windows console
> programs (in my case, Windows build of mysql (MariaDB)) that produce
> CRLF line endings.
I sympathize, but it could be argued that your script was invalid;
that it properly should have piped the output of mysql through d2u.