This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.5-3 (TEST)
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 12:10:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.5-3 (TEST)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce.56A40D09.email@example.com>
On 1/23/2016 6:30 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
This is a rebuild of the 24.5-2 packages, patched to allow native
Windows paths like C:\foo or C:/foo in situations where file names are
For the sake of the archives, I'm announcing here that I consider this
experimental release to be a failure[*]. I won't be including the patch
in the upcoming release of emacs-25.1.
[*] It only allows Win32 paths in a few situations. For example, they
can't be used as arguments to 'C-x d'. Extensive changes to the emacs
code would be required in order to allow them everywhere, and I don't
think it's worth the trouble or the risk of breaking something.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple