This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Can't use install-path longer than 15 chars after 2.875 update
- From: "Garber, Dave (GE Oil & Gas, Non-GE)" <dave dot garber1 at ge dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:59:53 +0000
- Subject: Can't use install-path longer than 15 chars after 2.875 update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160831182233.GC10084@OPTI105> <20160831183839.GG22389@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On
> Behalf Of Corinna Vinschen
> Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 2:39 PM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: EXT: Re: Can't use install-path longer than 15 chars after 2.875
> On Aug 31 20:22, Jacek Sowiński wrote:
> > After updating to setup-x86_64.exe version 2.875 I can't use install
> > paths longer than 15 chars and error is throwed:
> > > The install directory must be absolute, with both a drive letter and
> > > leading slash, like C:\Cygwin
> So what was your actual install path?
> FYI, I just used setup-2.875 to installed Cygwin into C:\cygwin-test-blubber-
> test\test\test and it just worked.
I can confirm that C:\apps\Cygwin64 does NOT work but C:\apps\Cygwin6 does. I also get the error with C:\cygwin-test-blubber-test\test\test.
> Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat