This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Extreme Slowness of cygwin commands [SOLVED?]
- From: Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Ben Altman <benalt at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 13:52:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: Extreme Slowness of cygwin commands [SOLVED?]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com.HOWL> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com.HOWL>
On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 1:18 PM, wrote:
> I've no idea what it does except in the most general terms but one of
> my banks won't let me log in unless it's running so this has been
> quite a nuisance as I have to stop it w/ their management interface
> and then use task manager to kill their management interface which is
> what seems to be the problem, etc., each time I need a bank balance.
> And sometimes that stop or restart doesn't go right -- IE almost
> always crashes* when it's restarted, etc. Doesn't sound like much but
> 20 minutes of your life going down the tubes on something that should
> take 2 minutes (check a balance) gets old, fast.
> * Some of my vendors only work right on IE, otherwise never use it so
> everyone please save the advice :-)
For me that would be a case of notifying them of said problems and
that due to said problems (I include not being able to log in from my
tails live CD boot a problem) I will be finding a new vendor, and then
do so and close my accounts with the vendor with failing software. I
have had some of these vendors come back to me later with "We've fixed
X, please come back".
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple