Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1

On 03/09/2016 17:37, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

https://github.com/cygwinports/boost

Could / should other package maintainers be using this repo?

Dave.

Why ?

We don't have currently a central repository.
Every maintainer is using his/her own solution.

Note the thread starting at
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-03/msg00056.html,
especially https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-03/msg00061.html

I am aware.

https://github.com/cygwin
is currently just used only for 2 specific cygwin sources
plus the mirror of cygwin lib itself.
So we have not yet a central repository for the
patches and build scripts.

Of course Yaakov's cygwinports contains a large chunk
as he is the maintainer of ~ 70% of all packages.

;-)

Bottom line:  You're welcome to use the Cygwin or Cygwinports github
orgs, depending on the project you maintain.  But, this is a free
project, so if you don't want to, you don't have to.

Corinna

Regards
Marco