Re: Problem with Python programs with binary components, who to blame?

On 2016-09-04 08:34, Patrick Pief wrote:
Before writing any formal bug report I thought I might ask first whether the
problem I am seeing is something that can be even fixed from Cygwin's side.
The issue has to do with the compilation of Python binary packages for Python
inside Cygwin (Python installed as a Cygwin package as opposed to Python for
Windows).
The problem starts to show as gcc warnings: "[…] redeclared without dllimport
attribute: previous dllimport ignored", and ends with linkers errors such as:
"relocation truncated to fit [...] against undefined symbol".
I am guessing the problem might actually lie within the Python sources itself
but I am not entirely sure.
So is this some issue that is even worth further research and filing a bug
report here?

Hi Patrick,
Read about cygwin dll exports and imports at

https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html

You may want to find a similar Cygwin Python module and look at the source
package (something called python-...-v.n-p-src) to see how it is built using
cygport, which takes care of some Cygwin specific differences in builds.

If you still have issues, please provide all the information requested by:

https://cygwin.com/problems.html

which includes attaching cygcheck and build output logs.