This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CYGWIN_NOWINPATH (was Re: /etc/profile: avoid multiple /usr/bin in PATH)
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 19:43:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: CYGWIN_NOWINPATH (was Re: /etc/profile: avoid multiple /usr/bin in PATH)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK-n8j7X7XkqO8Ny=_1CRLX=9cLY4nx6Pau2Q5mSq8ODVjNMtQ@mail.gmail.com>
Jim Reisert AD1C writes:
> CYGWIN_NOWINPATH is not working for me.
> CYGWIN_NT-10.0-WOW AD1C 2.6.0(0.304/5/3) 2016-08-31 14:27 i686 Cygwin
> d:\>printenv | grep CYG
> When I start bash, I still get my full Windows path as part of the
> bash path. Am I missing something?
Most likely. This setting is used in /etc/profile and it seems you
start bash in a way that doesn't source it. Your first shell should
really be a login shell. See 'man bash', section invocation.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple