This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /etc/profile: avoid multiple /usr/bin in PATH
- From: Vince Rice <vrice at solidrocksystems dot com>
- To: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 13:13:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: /etc/profile: avoid multiple /usr/bin in PATH
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <87fupfsxx2.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <CAJ1FpuMCEAVN+-2VcUOnuyxXEWA3FYAuJ8HcAXp0B3z8cJHzeA@mail.gmail.com> <87r38yp6ut.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
>> Note that CYGWIN_NOWINPATH is still undocumented, except in the email
>> archives. See, e.g.
>> CYGWIN_USEWINPATH is also undocumented, except in a non-cygwin.com
>> email archive.
> It's documented right in /etc/profile for the moment.
Well, “documented” is a little strong. “Used” is more accurate. There are no comments as to what it is or what it’s used for, at least in my /etc/profile (last updated in June).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple