This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty shows some text in other than foreground color
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: David Karr <davidmichaelkarr at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 23:58:59 +0300
- Subject: Re: mintty shows some text in other than foreground color
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp3o.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <CAA5t8VoO0AEJ1in1pf+iZc6yKyfDSdKZjt-gNYkMMKtjf9-6xA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, David Karr!
> When I run mintty, the background is white, and normal text is black.
> This is fine. However, there are some applications that are
> displaying text in other colors, many of which are fine, but some apps
> display some text in yellow, which on a white background is almost
> For instance, the display from Cassandra's "cqlsh" shows the results
> of queries in black, purple (probably not quite right), and yellow.
> The worst part is, it's using yellow for the column values.
> Is there any way to control this, in general (obviously, not just for
> cqlsh output)?
Piping results through some other program usually cause origin program to not
install color codes.
For a more specific solutions, look into each program's documentation.
With best regards,
Thursday, September 15, 2016 23:57:56
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple