This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Line ending digits in /etc/setup/installed.db
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "Fergus" <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:22:28 +0300
- Subject: Re: Line ending digits in /etc/setup/installed.db
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp1h.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> About 18% of the lines in my /etc/setup/installed.db end in " 1", the rest
> i.e. large majority end in " 0".
> Running setup does NOT attempt to re-install the packages identified by "
> (Strange - that's exactly what I thought it would do ...)
> The set-up seems to possess full functionality.
> Can anybody explain / interpret the different endings?
These packages are simple not installed?…
You didn't provide any relevant information.
Before you go on installing everything, think of what you actually need.
Very few people would find a use for even half the provided packages.
With best regards,
Monday, September 19, 2016 14:21:02
Sorry for my terrible english...