This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: More cygwin installations
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Silver Zachara <silver dot zachara at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 11:17:05 +0300
- Subject: Re: More cygwin installations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp1o.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Silver Zachara!
> can i install cygwin multiple times to different folders? E.g.
> c:\cygwin64, c:\cygwin64_x_test1, c:\cygwin64_x_test2
> I want to know, if there will not be any collisions or something similar.
> Or there have to be only one cygwin installation?
You MAY use multiple parallel installations. But it is least advisable for
people unfamiliar with environment, clashes may occur and you would have a
hard(-er) time figuring them out.
If you indeed need test installations, a virtual machine is the better route,
With best regards,
Sunday, September 25, 2016 11:15:17
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple