This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setting up cygrunsrv after moving installation to another drive
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 19:17:26 -0600
- Subject: Re: Setting up cygrunsrv after moving installation to another drive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2016-09-25 17:28, Ernie Rael wrote:
I have just moved (robocopy) cygwin installation from C:/cygwin64 to F:/cygwin64 (win7). My stumbling block is handling cygrunsrv.
For cygrunsrv, I thought I could change the service properties to start it from F:/..., but I can't figure out how to do that on Win7.
Any suggestions on how best to get cygrunsrv going/installed after moving cygwin installation?
$ sc qc cygserver
will show how the service is currently configured e.g.
[SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS
TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START (DELAYED)
ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\cygwin64\bin\cygrunsrv.exe
TAG : 0
DISPLAY_NAME : CYGWIN cygserver
SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem
From an elevated prompt (run as Admin):
$ sc config cygserver binPath= $(cygpath -w $(which cygrunsrv))
or the Windows equivalent from an elevated cmd prompt:
sc config cygserver binPath= F:\cygwin64\bin\cygrunsrv.exe
IIRC the space after the = is required.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple