This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Advice for debugging heap mismatches? (Win10 Insider build 14926)
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 14:03:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: Advice for debugging heap mismatches? (Win10 Insider build 14926)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DM2PR0201MB079977535C2477CA6B0EF745A7F30@DM2PR0201MB0799.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <DM2PR0201MB07990C9272767BC3A62529C2A7CB0@DM2PR0201MB0799.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <57E700EA.email@example.com> <DM2PR0201MB079975A16D4E98A8B20250EEA7CC0@DM2PR0201MB0799.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <DM2PR0201MB079958F9EBD05C7DED300E16A7C30@DM2PR0201MB0799.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>
Tony Kelman writes:
>> Could you paste a complete sample of the error message so we can
>> determine where in the Cygwin code it's coming from?
> Still a problem in 14936. Folks, this could be very bad. Anyone at all
> testing the insider builds, or are we going to be blindsided when an
> update goes out to everyone that breaks cygwin?
How about you start with a sane PATH that doesn#t contain all the
Windows stuff? Set a system variable CYGWIN_NOWINPATH=true and try
> Here's one:
> 1 [main] cp (6432) C:\cygwin64\bin\cp.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x180302408/0xD92408.
> This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the
> cygwin DLL.
Something occupies the heap area for Cygwin, based on the low address.
What does /proc/self/maps tell you?
> And another:
> 0 [main] cmake 10384 child_info_fork::abort: C:\cygwin64\bin\cygintl-8.dll: Loaded to different address: parent(0x3E3680000) != child(0x190000)
Again either an address collision or some BLODA intercepting the DLL,
check the memory maps to see what might be going on.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple