This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Native symlinks and setup.exe
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 14:08:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: Native symlinks and setup.exe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPTiy3O9eEhdgWcdEKkY=Egd+_8WJtxOc6WXjhecr9Duemail@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAPTiy3NY7oB0g4fg_nmsF8YzzPRdMh2aFnezy5ceoKiM8UWW8w@mail.gmail.com>
* Gene Pavlovsky (Mon, 3 Oct 2016 00:46:54 +0300)
> So, when installing, the type of symlinks doesn't honor the CYGWIN
> option since they are just unpacked by tar as is.
> The question I'm proposing now - should `tar` be modified to honor the
> CYGWIN option and automatically convert symlinks when extracting, if
Tar's task is to unpack what's in the archive. So converting is out
of question. You can ask the maintainer of the affected packages to
create the symlinks in the postinstall script.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple