This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Command switches to remove categories of packages from an existing Cygwin installation
- From: Keith Christian <keith1christian at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 07:04:59 -0600
- Subject: Re: Command switches to remove categories of packages from an existing Cygwin installation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFWoy7G0mu85yCteRwZaKp_5x+Zfyh1ybmVZ1LV65ZpDpMP+Gg@mail.gmail.com>
On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Keith Christian
> While I use a few X11 packages, I find that I don't need the KDE or
> GNOME categories.
> Are the command line switches to remove KDE and GNOME the following?
> setup-x86.exe -c GNOME -c KDE
> Is there a setup-x86.exe switch to avoid downloading and installing
> GNOME and KDE categories so that a separate remove command is not
> I'd rather put this (e.g. setup-x86.exe -c GNOME -c KDE) in a batch
> file to avoid clicking around in the Cygwin Setup GUI to avoid
> installing or re-installing GNOME and KDE categories.
> Thanks in advance.
Any feedback on this question? Would rather not destroy the Cygwin
install on my work computer if there is a problem with my SWAG at
removing GNOME and KDE categories.
Thanks in advance, again.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple