Re: Cygwin Setup - Choose Best Mirror Automatically for Automated / Silent Installs

Greetings, OwN-3m-All!

> I'm trying to automate this as best as possible, and the only way to
> do so right now is to specify the mirror the setup utility uses by
> using something similar to:

> setup-x86_64.exe --site "http://cygwin.mirror.constant.com/";
> --quiet-mode --root "C:\dir" --local-package-dir "C:\dir\cygTemp"
> --packages "apache2"

> The problem with this is that it appears that mirror won't always work
> with each version of Windows (at least I think that's the case based
> on some strange behavior I'm seeing).

That can't be true. Simply because of how it works.

> Is there a way to have the setup automatically pick a site from the
> list of mirrors it downloads to use?

Just specify the mirror by hands.
If it doesn't work for some reason, find that reason and eliminate it.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...