This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with chdir and GetCurrentDirectory on Windows 2016
- From: Dipak Gaigole <dipakgaigole at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 18:05:43 +0530
- Subject: Re: Problem with chdir and GetCurrentDirectory on Windows 2016
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADs2-=TCsi-vpQxa+Nhwgc6GHo734qpGh+DOYcuYo36C5r4t0g@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CADs2-=QW6AeU9a8_7c557WBfB2VgY6aNQ19E+YK-fd_jnKBMfw@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CADs2-=TeVMnQ5sdVGJnSw0ouNh_dj3cBf1PP6fN-62smsBeDpA@mail.gmail.com>
>>> So in this situation, is it possible to get the cwd value as
>>> "/cygdrive/c/temp/appdir/bin" using some cygwin API?
>> No, it is generally not possible to get the POSIX path to anything in
>> the cygwin root (/) tree to be prefixed by the /cygdrive prefix. The
>> /cygdrive prefix exists solely to resolve paths that are outside of /,
>> so paths inside that tree don't need the /cygdrive prefix.
> This path is also displayed to the enduser at different places. So our
> requirement is to always get a path in the /cygdrive/ prefix format
> irrespective of whether it is inside the cygwin root (/) or outside of
I think this can be achieved by getcwd () +
cygwin_conv_path(CCP_POSIX_TO_WIN_A,...) and converting the windows
style path to /cygdrive/ prefix format.
Thanks Eric for the pointers :)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple