Re: Installer names not meaningful enough

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 6:28 AM, Vlado <v.99cygwin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Erik (and others),
>
> don't worry about Setup version, please.
>
> Use this script:
> https://gist.github.com/Vlado-99/1d59bf05b70481377ff90bb53e13bb2d
>
> - Setup is downloaded only if gpg signature changes (only very small .sig
> file is re-downloaded every time)

While work arounds are great and appreciated, they still don't address
the original question of why the version of the setup executable isn't
part of the filename like it is in most of the *nix packages and
installers (or at least most of the ones I have been exposed to).

-- Erik