Re: mintty window gets tilde characters "pressed" in it

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 1:33 PM, David Karr <davidmichaelkarr@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Thomas Wolff <towo@towo.net> wrote:
>> I've checked with Caffeine and traced mintty. It receives F15 key down, the
>> key up. Caffeine claims to send key up only but that's not true. Please
>
> Understood.  I just did that.  However, will that really make any
> difference? If mintty only receives the keyup event, will that make it
> ignore it entirely?

I think I have a solution. I've looked at the command line options for
caffeine many times, and I never noticed the "-useshift" option, which
makes it use the shift key instead of f15.  That should do the trick
for me. I'm testing it now, and it appears to be fine (and it also
doesn't appear to cause trouble if I'm typing while the event is
emitted).