This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Latest setup.exe not code-signed?
- From: Ismail Donmez <ismail at i10z dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 11:10:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: Latest setup.exe not code-signed?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGZiy71hduc-LZvLvqXWNzYpN7foKrvobVP5q3S=KeagukQAsg@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 2:58 AM, Kal Sze <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> It looks like the new setup-x86_64.exe is not code-signed? Is that on
> purpose? IIRC, the previous versions were code-signed. Do we now only
> rely on the .sig signature file to verify it?
It was never code signed and the reasons for this has been discussed
before. You can search the list for the reasons.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple