This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please explain how to add to a thread in this mailing list
- From: Gary Johnson <garyjohn at spocom dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 12:47:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: Please explain how to add to a thread in this mailing list
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A704BB88DC6@USA7109MB022.na.xerox.net> <20161221202630.GA14876@ingber.com>
On 2016-12-21, Lester Ingber wrote:
> Since gmail inserts extra characters that are not recognized as text, I
> am using mutt.
> mutt does not permit adding References: headers. Instead, I seem to be
> OK getting
> "Message-ID: <...>"
> from the Raw link, and changing this to
> "In-Reply-To: <...>"
> Is there a better/different way of replying to cygwin posts?
If you've told mutt that you are subscribed to the cygwin list by
in your muttrc file, then mutt should generate the appropriate
headers automatically when you reply to the list with the 'L'
In this reply, for example, I see that mutt automatically added
as well as the From:, To: and Subject: headers.
For more on this, see the mutt manual, section 12 Mailing Lists and
section 5.4 Miscellaneous Functions, the <list-reply> function.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple