Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 2.6.1-1

On 2017-01-11 12:37, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:53:55, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> Launch Character Map app, find Omega, Select, and Copy, and you should
>> be able to paste it into any window.
>
> Nope. I made it clear already, even from my first post that it doesnt work from
> pasting.
>
>> Post your cmd console code page and locale settings as described and
>> maybe someone can help you.
>
> Nope. I have done that already repeatedly.

I have not seen you provide any output from the locale command,
or any mention of your Windows regional settings.

>> Or maybe you could check the cmd settings and console docs yourself
>> and figure out your own problem.
>
> Not helpful.
>
>> Generate cygcheck -svr output and attach to your post as described
>> in the problems link below, and one of the project *volunteers*
>> may get some time to look at it and be able to help.
>
> I am not doing this, as anyone with a current Cygwin build can
> duplicate it with the default settings. I kindly ask that going
> forward you only make contructive posts.

Others may be unable to reproduce your problem because they don't have
your Windows and your default settings, and most likely customized their
systems. Some idea of what *your* "default" settings are would be helpful.

System:
HW?
VM - VMware, KVM, QEMU, ... and edition/release?
VM config?
Does your VM product intercept and/or translate any keycodes?
Windows Home, Pro, Ultimate, Education, or Enterprise, Edition?, and Language?

Windows environment and where problems appear:
Windows 7, 10, or both; 32 bit, 64 bit, or both?
Service Packs, Updates, and patches installed?
Cygwin 32 or 64 bit or both?

Cygwin environment:
Packages installed and releases?
Environment variables?
Cygwin locale output?

To help with a problem, someone else has to be able to reproduce it.
To reproduce it, they need to be able to reproduce the environment
that causes the problem, and shows the same symptoms you see.

Given https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#IWFM suggestions are all posters
can offer without more information.

If you find suggestions by other posters unhelpful, ignore them:
your comments are only likely to discourage others from helping.

Without cygcheck -svr output attached, project volunteers are
unlikely to be able to help: https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BWAM