This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rename() cannot replace the file which is opened with writable access
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Masamichi Hosoda <trueroad at trueroad dot jp>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 08:39:18 +0300
- Subject: Re: rename() cannot replace the file which is opened with writable access
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp2j.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Masamichi Hosoda!
> I've found that rename() cannot replace the file
> which is opened with writable access on Cygwin.
> On Linux, it works.
It is OS dependent behavior, and vary even on same OS.
Windows may let you rename a file, or may not, depends on how exactly it is
With best regards,
Thursday, January 12, 2017 08:38:15
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple