This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.1-1, libreadline-devel-7.0.1-1, bash-4.4.5-1
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 16:23:39 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.1-1, libreadline-devel-7.0.1-1, bash-4.4.5-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 08:46:43, Eric Blake wrote:
> Is the problem in libreadline7 or in bash? The newer bash requires the
> newer readline, but if the problem is in readline proper, then the newer
> readline plus the older bash would reproduce it.
1. new readline, new bash = bad
2. new readline, old bash = bad
3. old readline, new bash:
> Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point history_lines_read_from_file could not be located in
> the dynamic link library cygreadline7.dll.
4. old readline, old bash = good
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple