Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.1-1, libreadline-devel-7.0.1-1, bash-4.4.5-1

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 09:11:23, cyg Simple wrote:
> It is this expectation that others do the work that you freely use that is the
> problem.

I dont think you realize, I am the maintainer of the Cygwin package manager:

http://github.com/svnpenn/sage

to which I have put hundreds of hours of work into, free of charge. In addition
I donate over a 1,000 commits a year to open source:

http://github.com/svnpenn

And have helped millions of people on Stack Overflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/users/1002260/steven-penny

So please, dont tell me that I am not willing to do open source work. Yes, I do
expect Eric to fix this. readline is a critial Cygwin package and he let a
pretty glaring error get though. It is scary to think what testing he even did
before releasing it. The least he could do is roll it back until the problem has
been fixed by himself or upstream.