This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cygcheck (64&32) output contains DOS line terminators
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent)" <Kenneth dot Nellis at conduent dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 21:44:55 +0000
- Subject: RE: cygcheck (64&32) output contains DOS line terminators
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <82bffdef-29c2-f9cb-4382-b01d8f7e6e69@SystematicSw.ab.ca>
From: Brian Inglis
> On 2017-01-17 13:21, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> > On 17/01/2017 21:00, Brian Inglis wrote:
> >> All cygcheck output seems to have DOS line terminators in both
> >> Cygwin 64 & 32.
> >> Is this by design or just because it's a native Windows app?
> > second one
> So by accident rather than intent?
> Could that be easily changed to be more Cygwin-like?
> Or would it involve more difficult changes to a lower level API?
> >> It's annoying in command lines and scripts to have to strip the \r.
I agree. Despite the fact that it's a "Windows app", the fact remains
that it is installed in /usr/bin, so its clear intent is to be run
from the Cygwin command line. --Ken Nellis