This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl library request - local::lib
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 19:46:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: Perl library request - local::lib
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPsu6Lg=zbzpf_tM_5qZnttSSRy=Zx2mnH2GWW9ApR0dZiUk0g@mail.gmail.com>
Brian Mathis writes:
> Please add the local::lib library to the available perl packages.
It was a deliberate decision to not include it. Just throwing out a
request like that won't convince me otherwise, but I may change my mind
if you have any arguments with substance.
> This allows bootstrapping many other packages directly from cpan into
> a local directory without polluting the main Cygwin files.
This is still more error prone than one would like and I expect anyone
capable of getting all the little things right to not have a problem
with bootstrapping local::lib themselves (I'd do it via cpanm, but there
are other ways of course). Also, just by installing CPAN you aren't
polluting main Cygwin files: the modules distributed with Cygwin install
under perl_vendor, the modules installed by cpan will end up in
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple