From: bzs@theworld.com [mailto:bzs@theworld.com]
Sent: 02 February 2017 21:03
To: Paul Kitchen <pkitchen@talk21.com>
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Issue with delayed process start and effect on Windows 10

I noticed almost exactly the same problem, I remember it was about 15
seconds per process, and traced it to IBM Rapport Trusteer (some sequence of
words like that) banking app which some banks require be installed and
running in order to login and view your account.

All this seems somewhat better with a recent update to that app.

If that may be the problem it's not enough to just use the app's "Rapport
Manager" shutdown. I had to kill the manager also via the task manager
before there was any change. And unless you do some heroics it will all
start itself up at boot, it seems to be installed like a virus (usual MS
tools can't seem to stop it from starting at
boot.)

It's not difficult to stop/restart the app when needed though is annoying as
it requires jumping through a captcha, task manager, their manager, etc just
to see one's bank balance.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs@TheWorld.com             |