This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.7.0-0.1
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 16:08:37 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.7.0-0.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170202133048.GD4310@calimero.vinschen.de>
On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 14:30:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Under cygwin 2.7.0 this works fine for me in tcsh, bash 4.4.11-2, bash
> 4.4.12-3 and od, including Alt +f6. That is, as long as I'm in the
> Windows console. Mintty only supports Alt +f6 or Alt 246 when in
> Unicode mode.
With a clean environment you are going to have this:
Active code page: 437
Which will allow Alt 148 to work as expected:
However once you change the code page:
$ chcp.com 65001
Active code page: 65001
Alt codes and pasting stop working for certain characters.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple