This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Console buffer width always 1 column less than setting
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2017 11:53:16 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Console buffer width always 1 column less than setting
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This issue has bothered me for some time, but I never got around to reporting
it. The issue is that the Cygwin buffer via Cygwin.bat is always 1 less than
what is set.
For example, the default buffer is 80 columns, same as the window size. Cygwin
window size is correct, but that last column can never be accessed, it always
stays blank and the text wraps on column 79. Here is a test:
1. Enter spaces until you reach next line, this way the prompt is not adding to
Now with cmd.exe, you get all 80 characters on the same line, but with Cygwin it
always wraps 1 character before. I don’t remember this always being the case, I
believe it used to work correct 1-2 years ago.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple