Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.7.4

Am 08.02.2017 um 23:51 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
Am 08.02.2017 um 19:34 schrieb Achim Gratz:
Thomas Wolff writes:
Further comments welcome, and it's Achim's turn to provide further
diagnostics input as requested in another mail. It could also be that
screen or tmux simply make invalid assumptions about the setting of
Wraparound modes.
That will take a while.  I'll have to set up something at home
specifically with the goal of reproducing the error.  At the moment it
looks like some sort of race between decisions made at different levels
of the stack mintty / tmux / mosh / screen since so far I've not been
able to reproduce if I take out one of these.
I’ve installed mosh to see what it actually is.
The man page speaks about speculative local echo which sounds like asking for trouble...

Anyway, I could reproduce effects as you described with
mintty – tmux – mosh localhost (no additional screen needed)
And, most interesting for me: the same thing happens in xterm, so it’s not a mintty issue :)

Actually I have found a bug in the combination of auto wraparound mode with scrolling region margins and origin mode.
Once fixed, that could even affect the issue, we'll see.
The supposed bug mentioned before wasn’t related to scrolling regions.
Instead, I’ve tried to mimick xterm in some obscure border cases, and now the vttest case 1 page 3 passes as well.

------
Thomas