Re: diagnostic character info (Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.7.4)

Am 07.02.2017 um 22:00 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
Am 07.02.2017 um 08:30 schrieb Brian Inglis:
On 2017-02-06 12:46, Thomas Wolff wrote:
Am 05.02.2017 um 21:36 schrieb Brian Inglis:
It may also be useful if mintty had some character hex value box
display mode switch to display the actual codes at each visual
position, or maybe a font used to display the character hex value in
a box, often used in fonts as glyphs for non-printing control
characters and those in the Private Use Area, in which case that could
perhaps be added to the mintty package for use in testing.
I have been searching for such a font with no success so far.
Hmm, ... it might be a nice feature.
Displaying the character set codes passed to the console.
I'm preparing such an option. However, I plan to indicate the actual Unicode characters effective on the cursor position (i.e. not the multi-byte encoded characters).
Character information display is available in the current repository version.
------
Thomas