This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [test]: sed-4.4-1
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 07:13:31 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [test]: sed-4.4-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170212113222.GF11666@calimero.vinschen.de>
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:32:22, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> awk is used to manipulate text input in the first place so it treats all
> input, files as well as stdin, as text. So, shall we drop this
> behaviour for files only? Or for stdin as well? How many existing
> setups are bound to fail after a change?
Perhaps I am missing something, but cant all that be said about Sed too? I just
cant see a situation where we are justified changing one and not the other. They
should either both strip carriage returns or neither.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple