Re: Apparent rebase issue

On 2/17/2017 11:55 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Eliot Moss writes:

You may simply have run out of address space in your 32bit installation,
although the collision seems to happen at a relatively high address,
which might indicate BLODA.

C:\cygwin\bin\cygXt-6.dll: Loaded to different address:
parent(0x65E30000) != child(0x1C00000)
      2 [main] emacs-X11 7808 child_info_fork::abort:
C:\cygwin\bin\cygXt-6.dll: Loaded to different address:
parent(0x65E30000) != child(0x1B50000)

What does /proc/7808/maps (replace 7808 with the pid of the process that
trgiggers the messages) say about the occupation of the memory region in
question?

Well, unsurprisingly it says that cygXt-6.dll has a section there.  Naturally
I can't check the child since it is gone.

I see that Windows has things loaded at various places, such as:

SysWOW64/glu32.dll  at 000D0000
System32/locale.nls at 01B50000
SysWOW64/ddraw.dll  at 03520000

cygwin dlls start at 3E940000

System32/wow64.dll    at 54140000
System32/wow64win.dll at 541A0000
SysWOW64/opengl32.dll at 65FC0000

The highest cygwin dll is cygEGL-1.dll at 6FFD0000 ending at 6FFF8000.

So from 3E940000 upwards, cygwin and Windows dlls seem to mix.  What would
BLODA look like in the map?  Would it help to post a map here?  It's pretty
big.

If I have more or less run out of space, I suppose there are two fixes:

1) Drop some things from my installation to reduce my use of the 32-bit
address space (which I might need to do anyway at this point to allow all
programs to run reliably).

2) Switch to use cygwin64 for this program.  (I have not made the 64-bit
installation my "main" one that I use because not all the programs I use
regularly have been ported to it, but I do have it running in parallel and
talking to the 32-bit X installation.)

Thoughts as to the next step?

Regards - Eliot