Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: dash-0.5.9.1-1

Greetings, Steven Penny!

> On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:38:08, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> $ cat /etc/postinstall/zp_dash-as-bin-sh.dash
>> #!/bin/dash

>> test ! -h /bin/sh.exe && {
>>   _f="$(mktemp /bin/sh.XXXXXX)"
>>   {
>>     mv /bin/sh.exe "$_f"
>>     ln -s /bin/dash.exe /bin/sh.exe
>>   } || mv "$_f" /bin/sh.exe
>>   rm "$_f"
>> }
>> exit 0

> This is a bad idea.

This is only bad idea for people assuming too much.

> If script succeeds, then yes sh is now a symlink to Dash, but only for my
> system. I still have to use #!/bin/dash with my scripts,

In fact, you should use specific shell name, if you want specific behavior.

> because otherwise
> people with Bash -> sh will not get the speed boost. The whole point of this
> thread is that it should be changed for everyone.

The big question remains, where this speed boost coming from?
Is this a startup time? Or some internal slowness?
Because in latter case, given your STC, this is a bash issue and should be
reported upstream.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin