This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Permissions need reordering and are strange
- From: "lostbits via cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 11:46:21 -0800
- Subject: Permissions need reordering and are strange
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: lostbits <home_slipbits at yahoo dot com>
I think that you have addressed reordered permission message in windows
before and have said to not reorder the permissions. But, I seem unable
to do security operations without reordering (such as change permissions
or ownership using the Windows Explorer). Do I have to use cygwin in
Admin mode to do these operations?
I just copied a file that had 'rwxrwxrwx+' for its permissions to a new
directory. The permissions were changed to '---Srws--T+'. Is this an
error? What is going on?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple